How Enterprise Mobility Empowers Healthcare Domain?
Enterprise mobility and healthcare industry work together in sync to improve healthcare standards using upscale mobile devices and technology. Better known as mHealth (the term used to indicate the use of mobile technology in the healthcare domain), this phenomenon aims at fulfilling health related issues of a bigger chunk of population worldwide at minimum possible cost. However, in the run it keeps on facing and overcoming varied challenges thereby contributing its bit toward making the healthcare domain even more efficient. Let’s know about the role of enterprise mobility in this important vertical in detail.
Rooms for improvements in the existing healthcare system
The healthcare domain has witnessed a sea of change across the globe in the recent few years. Not to mention, it has also come across a roster of issues that need to be dealt with strategically, such as:
- Coping up with regulatory pressures
- Embracing and improving patient care methods
- Optimizing healthcare procedures
- Helping patients meet the soaring treatment cost
- Enhancing preventive care and wellness management
Enterprise Mobility solutions to transform healthcare
With the introduction of mobile devices and apps, the healthcare has transform exceptionally, ensuring satisfaction to both the organizations as well as patients. Some of its major advantages include:
- Better patient care: mHealth sets the patients and medical practitioners free from the obligation of being at the same place for the former’s treatment. It is perhaps a blessing in disguise for people living in remote areas who may find it difficult to travel distances to reach hospital while suffering from a severe medical condition.
- Better patient engagement: Factors such as high medicine cost, endless queues, complex system, etc., may bar patients from visiting the doctor. Thankfully, enterprise mobility emancipates people form such testing situations with the help of advanced apps that provide exact timing of doctor’s arrival in the clinic, reminders for appointments, names of prescribed medicines, etc.
- Less healthcare frauds: Mobility could also act significantly in reducing the fraudulent practices in healthcare. The sophisticated mobile apps are quite capable of tracking the transaction details, thereby negating any chance of swindling on the part of seller.
- More safety: Specific mobile apps could help patients recall all the precautions and dosage information as instructed by the doctor to ensure speedy recovery. This comes as a big respite and could provide the patients even better and safer care.
Mobile apps and devices in mHealth: Facts and figures
An article posted in June, 2012 on Mashable revealed some startling facts about the role of mobile devices in healthcare:
- The number of mHealth app downloads is slated to increase from 44 million in 2012 to a whopping 142 million in 2016.
- In 2012 itself, there were 13,000 iPhone apps on healthcare ready for download, 50% of which were meant for medical practitioners.
- As compared to the 50% total US population, above 80% of the physicians own mobile devices.
- Around 30% of the physicians use tabs and smartphones to take care of patients.
Another survey report, “Healthcare Goes Mobile”, released in November, 2013 by NetMotion Wireless in collaboration with Fierce Markets revealed the importance of mobile devices in healthcare in detail.
Based on the responses of around 200 healthcare professionals, the report discovered smartphones and tablets as an inseparable part of healthcare organizations. As per findings:
- For 93% users, mobile devices, preferable tablets, are an inevitable need to perform daily operations.
- 88% respondents use laptops, 79% use tablets and 68% respondents use smartphones to deliver better quality healthcare.
- 62% respondents use mobile devices provided by their hospitals, while 48% comprise mixed environment (both issued and BYOD). 7% users fall in the category of “Bring your own Device” (BYOD) policy.
Future mHealth solutions
With enterprise mobility already making a significant contribution to healthcare, it is all set to benefit the industry even more in the coming times. While manufacturers are well on their way to customize mobile devices to perform specific health related tasks, mobile app developers have also geared up to develop innovative health apps for maximum patient care.
Some important future prospects of mHealth:
- Developers likes Apple, Microsoft and Samsung are working on the development of Smartwatch companions for smartphones to collect useful information regarding health and fitness. Even some of them have already been introduced in the market.
- Care will not remain confined to medical care centers instead it would cover patients from every nook and cranny of the globe.
- Future apps will help people to share all the important health data with their doctors, such as heart rate, daily routine, eating habits, etc.
- Digital mHealth apps will remind patients about the time to take medicines.
- atients will be able to get in touch with medical facilities from across the world.
- Mobile devices will detect patient’s health for any emergency condition, and intimate local medical service providers instantly.
- Not surprisingly, doctors will use healthcare apps as an inseparable part of their treatment practices.
To summarize, healthcare has witnessed a major overhaul in the past few years owing to the introduction of latest trends and technologies in this domain, spearheaded by mobile computing. The technology combines the capabilities of enterprise mobility with healthcare to provide an efficient, cost-effective and technologically sound medical care environment. With such great attention being paid to mHealth, it is highly expected to create unprecedented milestones in the healthcare vertical in the better future. The role of mobile devices and mobile apps in glorifying this phenomenon is definitely worthwhile.
Finoit caters to the intrinsic need of industries and cares to develop field specific apps to benefit masses. It is quite capable of developing feasible, cost-effective and beneficial healthcare apps that could give medical care a significant boost and diminish the barriers between doctor and patient.
We help you to churn maximum benefits from the wave of enterprise mobility, through our finely tuned mobile app development endeavors. Feel free to approach us for any of your mobile development endeavors in the healthcare domain.
Finoit Technologies is a renowned mobile application development company providing Web and iphone app development services. We have developed over 450 mobile apps, and have assisted many solopreneurs in their journey of startups by functioning as a tech partner and rolling out their product ideas. For questions/queries, you may write to us at [email protected]
Book a Free consultation
Drop in your details and our analyst will be in touch with you at the earliest.
6565 N MacArthur Blvd, STE 225 Irving, Texas, 75039, United States