How Cloud Computing Contributes to Enterprise Mobility?
Cloud computing, one of the most impressive disruptive technologies in the modern day world, has emerged as a welcome respite for individuals and SMBs wishing to find a safe and secure place to store their data, other than their own hard disks. It helps you to save your documents online through advanced applications and enables you to access them as per your wish. While this trend is pretty effective in synchronizing all the data at one place without exerting any load on one’s personal machine, its role in enhancing enterprise mobility is also worthwhile. Let us check out how cloud computing has been contributing toward mobilizing enterprises in the recent times.
Impact of Mobile cloud Platform on IT Sector
The rapidly nipping effect of mobile cloud platform on the IT domain could be ascertained by the survey reports released by renowned bodies:
- Gartner expects cloud computing to capture major share in the IT spending by the year 2016. By 2017, it forecasts the inclination of roundabout 50% of the enterprises toward the deployment of cloud platforms.
- There could be a significant rise in the market of cloud based security services from 2013 to 2015, i.e., from $2.1 billion to $3.1 billion, says Gartner.
- According to IDC, the market of public IT cloud services could experience an appreciable surge from $47.4 billion in 2013 to $107 billion by 2017.
- Software as a Service (SaaS) will continue to top the categories of public IT cloud services in terms of revenues with 59.7% share by 2017, says IDC.
- The IT cloud services will witness a collective annual growth of 23.5% in the forecast period of 2013-2017, 5 times more than IT industry in entirety.
Benefits of mobile cloud platform
Enterprises have gained exceptionally with the mobile cloud platform as it allows them the ease to leverage all the requisite tools and technologies necessary to establish their business. The multifarious gains it assures hence include:
- Efficiency: With the adoption of cloud technology in enterprise mobility, businesses find it far efficient to quickly deploy various services. Employees don’t need to wait for verified reports any more to work upon, they now have the flexibility of gaining online access to the data right on their devices and may start working accordingly.
- Customer acquisition: Enabling the people to keep romancing with their consumer life, the platform helps them to request for a service from their own device. Service providers can then solve the issues accordingly.
- Business acquisition: Enterprises willing to embrace mobile cloud platform are more likely to benefit in terms of quick time to market, productivity, improved data security, better work processes, and enhanced relationship with customers and business partners, etc.
- Reduced cost:The introduction of mobile cloud platform has resulted into significant reduction in infrastructure costs for enterprises followed by cheaper yet faster integration of storage solutions and enterprise apps.
Enterprise Cloud Security Threats
With the increased adoption of cloud computing by enterprises, risk for data security also poses a major concern. Some of these threats may include:
- Loss of control: The client may surrender the control to cloud provider while using cloud infrastructure, resulting to security risks.
- Provider Dependence: Reliance on a single cloud provider in the absence of any other service provider for data migration.
- Guest-hopping attacks: Failure to handle multi-tenancy resources resulting into attacks on the mechanism of resource isolation.
- Incomplete data deletion: Inability to delete data over the cloud due to redundant copies of the data on the cloud or hard disks; could pose severe risks during multiple-tenancies.
- Data security: At times, the customer may cease to check the practices of data handling by cloud provider. If in such case, data is handled unlawfully, security takes a backseat.
In the wake of occurrence of any of the security threats, it is better for the cloud customer to approach the cloud provider. Else, if possible, better shift the data to some other cloud provider.
Enterprise mobility shares a deep bond with cloud computing wherein business people and individuals prefer accessing hardware, software, applications, etc., hosted on the web rather than using their own hard drives and computing machines. The mobile cloud platform no doubt assures a number of benefits for the enterprises and paves way for their speedy growth in terms of revenues. However, alongside certain pluses, they may also accompany certain risk factors, overcoming whom at the right time is important.
Finoit holds the capability to develop quality web and mobile applications that could perform flawlessly over the cloud. With all our development efforts, we can assist the customers simplify their complex business processes right on the cloud through their mobile smartphone, tablets and other mobile devices.
Finoit Technologies is a renowned mobile application development company providing Web and Mobile app development services. We have developed over 450 mobile apps, and have assisted many solopreneurs in their journey of startups by functioning as a tech partner and rolling out their product ideas. For questions/queries, you may write to us at [email protected]
Book a Free consultation
Drop in your details and our analyst will be in touch with you at the earliest.
6565 N MacArthur Blvd, STE 225 Irving, 75039, United States