From a vast range of Web Application Development Frameworks, it is always difficult to choose the one framework that is best suited for the project. Mainly because they have different components, tool kit, architecture, and the level of community support that make coding easy or difficult for the web developers.
There are many web application development companies that provide multitude of web application development solutions, each using different framework for the project. Many a times you will find that companies claim to be specialized in almost every framework available in the market, which sounds like jack of all trades, master of nothing.
The best solution for the business owners is to choose a custom Web Application Development Company with specialization in a few of highly preferred web application development frameworks or else can hire web developers specific to your project.
To do that, you must know what framework would suit your project, based on which you can select a web app development company.
Here is the list of top 10 highly preferred web development frameworks, along with key details, so that you can pick the right one for your project.
Top 10 Highly Preferred Web Development Frameworks
- Ruby on Rails
Developer (s): David Heinemeier Hansson
Platform: Linux, Cross-platform
Popular Applications Built with Ruby on Rails: Airbnb, SoundCloud, Square, Shopify, Zendesk, GitHub
Since its launch in 2005, Ruby on Rails, also known as RoR has been a completely free to use, open-source framework. This server-side web application framework has default structures for database, web page, and web service. Besides, it has large and friendly developer community of 4,500 professionals.
- Enables seamless database table creations
- Scaffolding of views to speed up application development
- Use web standards such as JSON or XML for data transfer
- It is easy and handy
Use Ruby on Rails Web Framework for:
- Building social networking sites, as it has unique range of plugins
- Creating eCommerce sites that require site functions such as site updates, bulk uploads, custom price algorithms, and so on.
- Being a highly scalable system, it is best for creating CMS and sites that involves a lot of content creation, uploading and management
- Creating custom database management systems
Developer (s): Google
Popular Applications Built with AngularJS: Lego, Netflix, Upwork, Intel, Sprint, ABC News
- It is an open-source front-end web application framework
- Has wide range of components for creating rich web application
- Quick loading time
- Eliminates DOM manipulation and enables two-way data binding
- Creates expressive and readable testing environment
- Responsive web design is required
- Best suited for dynamic projects, which requires multitude of features and functionalities of Angular.js. Avoid it if you have small-sized project.
Developer (s): Ember Core Team
Popular Applications Built with Ember.js: LinkedIn, PlayStation Now, Apple Music, NBC News, Travis CI
- It has Handlebars integrated templates make developers write less code
- Built-in router
- The template gets updated automatically when the underlying data changes
- Organizing code is easy that makes the development process easier
Developer (s): Cake Software Foundation, Inc.
Operating System: Cross-platform
Popular Applications Built with CakePHP: Printivo.com, Child Care Daily App, Sainsbury’s Bank, Videoo, World Architects
This open source PHP web development framework makes developing and deploying applications much easier. Based on an MVC-like architecture, it is flexible to use and easy to grasp. It is loved by web developers for strictly separating business logic from data and presentation layers.
- Provides flexible database access layer
- Powerful scaffolding system
- Set of conventions to guide the developers
- Built-in tools for input validation
- CRPF protection
- XSS prevention
- Tampering protection
- SQL injection prevention
It is suitable for building blogs and websites, as it supports multiple languages. Although there is no default language, make sure you hire web application developer with good knowledge of Core PHP, Advanced PHP, and HTML.
Developer (s): Andres Gutierrez and others
Operating System: Unix, Linux, Mac OS X, Windows
Popular Applications Built with Phalcon: DescontoCupom, Learny Online, Marchi Auto, WhichBingo, PiggyBank Online
Description: It is a loosely coupled framework that allows different components to stick to one another, depending upon the application. It has a combination of both PHP and C and so each can be used for standalone module.
- Full stack open source framework
- High speed compilation of requests
- Less coding required
- Can be used to create independent framework
When to Choose Phalcon Framework
Since it is known for its exceptional compilation speed, it can used for large projects that needs to be developed quickly. However, its developer community is much smaller, so before hiring a Phalcon Development Company, check that it has web app developers with good knowledge of Model-View-Controller (MVC) and Object- Relational Modeling (ORM) can make the best out of the Phalcon based project.
Developer (s): Zend Technologies
Operating System: Cross-platform
Popular Applications Built with Zend: BBC, AutoTrack, Offers.com, Serpro, Cisco Webex
Description: It is a collection of PHP packages with more than 314 million installations. It has open architecture based on MVC or Middleware. The object-oriented framework stores password using bcrypt, encrypt with AES-256, and more.
- Easy to create high quality APIs
- Support multi databases including SQLite, PostgreSQL,
- Flexible URI routing
- Highly optimized for performance
- Data encryption
- Session management
A lot of top companies like McAfee, IBM, and Magento has used it to make their website. Besides, it also suitable for creating backend applications.
Top tech companies like Microsoft, Google, and StrikeIron have partnered with Zend to offer interfaces to web services.
Developer (s): Microsoft
Operating System: Microsoft Windows, Linux, macOS
Popular Applications Built with ASP.net: Microsoft, GoDaddy, Dell, Visual Studio, Wild Tangent
Description: This server-side web application framework is built on the Common Language Runtime (CLR), enabling programmers to write ASP.NET core using any programming language that support .NET.
- Excellent support for utilizing asynchronous programming patterns
- Unified MVC & Web API frameworks
- Allows to differentiate part of the code for their behaviour in development
- Built-in dependency injection
- Support for WebSockets
- Building modern web apps and web services
Developer (s): SensioLabs (France), Symfony Community
Operating System: Cross-platform
Popular Applications Built with Symfony: BlaBlaCar, NatGeo Play, MeinFernbus, Spotify, Vogue (France)
Description: With a huge set of decoupled and reusable PHP components, this framework enables the web developers to write less code and so reduce the risk of error. The list of components includes Asset, Cache, Console, Debug, Finder, Guard, and more. Over 10 million people use Symfony quarterly.
- Components reduce the routine task for developers
- Can be used standalone in other frameworks
- Better maintainability and testing in Symfony
- Easy unit testing using PHPUnit independent library
- More than 2000 contributors in their community
- Website and web applications
- Apps backend
- Back-office applications
Developer (s): TJ Holowaychuk, StrongLoop and others
- Vast range of HTTP utility methods and middleware
- Integrates well with Mongo DB
- Has support for NoSQL databases
- Enormous community that reduce learning curve significantly
- Supports MVC architecture (workarounds required)
- Reduce the amount of HTML coding required
- A full stack web application rapidly
- Mobile applications
- Rapidly build RESTfull APIs
Developer (s): British Columbia Institute of Technology
Popular Applications Built with CodeIgniter: Casio Computers, Creditflux, Buffer, Nissan, Bonfire
Description: Its development pattern is based upon model–view–controller (MVC). It is widely recognized for its speed and flexibility. It is lightweight, as it requires a very small library which can be added upon dynamic requests.
- Model-View-Controller Based System
- Form and Data Validation
- Security and XSS Filtering
- Full Featured database classes with support for several platforms
- Query Builder Database Support
- Developing full-featured web applications
- Creating dynamic websites
The list ends here. Hope the it helps you to select the best app development framework for your project. Besides, you can contact to Finoit Consultant team for any of your web development project.
Book a no-obligation consultation
Drop in your details and an analyst will be in touch with you at the earliest.
6565 N MacArthur Blvd, Suite 225, Irving, Texas, 75039, USA Phone: +1 214.214.4510
Tower B, 9th Floor, Noida One, B 8, Block B, Sector 62, Noida, UP – 201309, Phone: +91.120.796.1096, +91.120.796.1101