Choosing a mobile app development tool is more of like a one-time investment.
If it is good, you can reap the benefits in future for long and if it turns out bad, then you have to make a new investment strategy, with all the fresh cost involved.
Across the board are many challenges that put the mobile app at risk.
This is because, once you choose the technology, it will ultimately decide the quality and capabilities of your mobile app. And changing the technology in future means complete reworking, which is expensive and time-consuming.
Most of the time, mainly startups often ignore the scalability factor in mobile apps. Their focus is on at-the-moment solutions, which is the wrong way of selecting a mobile application development tool.
Before selecting a mobile app development tool, carefully analyze the features and requirement of your application and then pick up the best tool that helps you develop functions and features to meet those requirements.
Besides, you can also take the help of a mobile app development company that could guide you in making the right choice.
Here, we have created a list of 5 best Mobile Application Development Tools, which you can choose based on your project requirement.
Top 5 Mobile App Development Tools
Given that application development tools play an important role in the fate of a mobile app, it is advisable to choose the tool after a rigorous research process. To ease up this process, we have created a list of Mobile app development tools, highlighting their key features and strengths.
There is nothing better than the Xamarin to build native apps. Since it is a Microsoft product, you will always be safe against unexpected termination of service, critical security threats, and technology updates.
More than 1.4 million developers use Xamarin, means talent scarcity will not be a crucial challenge for you when it comes to building your own mobile app development team.
- Mono framework that exposes 100% of the native APIs to allow full use of device capabilities
- Platform-specific IntelliSense makes coding easier
- Application indexing and deep linking
- Easy cycle of build, test, deploy, and repeat using C++ programming language
- Possible to use enterprise or social authentication, push notifications, offline sync features
- Ability to create high-performance shared libraries
Sencha is for rapid mobile app development. If you want to create a native app that is compatible with the latest versions of iOS, Android, and Blackberry, Sencha should be your ideal choice. It is one of the most suitable app development tools for building enterprise applications.
Mobile app developers can code in HTML5 and then can use it for Android or iOS applications.
- More than 115 fully supported components that can be integrated with a wide range of frameworks such as Angular, FOSS, and more
- Commercially supported UI widgets for menus, toolbars, and lists
- End-to-end testing solution for Ext JS
- Reduce dependencies on multiple libraries and versions
- Single code paradigm across all components
- Good community strength
Appcelerator is used by mobile app development companies to build both native cross-platform applications.
This tool is the developers’ favorite because it requires fewer lines of code to develop a mobile application. It has platform-specific features, APIs, and UI.
Appcelerator has an open mobile marketplace where developers and users sell or share templates, extensions, and modules.
- Fully native apps, using all the device capability
- 60-90% code reduce on different mobile device platforms
- Good support for any new OS release
- Ability to view UI changes across operating systems and mobile devices
- Possible to create dynamic animations and other effects
Since Ionic has a complete open-source SDK, it is widely used to build hybrid applications using CSS, HTML5, and SASS like technologies. By building a mobile application on Ionic, app developers can directly send the release update to the users.
Automating app delivery is much easier with Ionic and does not require any special talent. With automation capabilities, developers can easily deploy features and fixes to increase the speed of mobile app development.
- Deliver app updates, bug fixes, and content changes without requiring MDM approval or waiting for app store approval
- Ability to automate workflow, from native binary builds to QA
- Native app binaries can be created in the cloud with Ionic package
- Central, shared dashboard with live activity feeds
- Industry-specific defaults and pre-built workflows to automate development tasks
5. Framework 7
Framework 7 is used to create native iPhone applications. Although, recently they have started providing support for Android apps.
This open source, mobile HTML framework is easy to understand and build native apps faster. Since it is iOS focused, it is not compatible with all the platforms.
- It works in simple HTML layout attached with CSS framework and JS files
- iOS specific UI elements visualization, animations, and touch interaction
- A wide range of ready-to-use UI elements and widgets such as list views, media lists, modals, popups, form elements, and more
- Support iOS swipe back action from the left border of the screen
- Ability to introduce custom styles to your applications
- Enhanced video ad experience by partnering with vi (Video Intelligence)
Choosing mobile app development tools from a plethora of options available in the market is tough, only when you are not fully aware of your requirements.
So, before you venture out to seek the best mobile application development tool for your project, create a set of your requirements and compare it with the features of the tools. Besides, you can always consult a reliable mobile app development company to better understand the tool.
Book a no-obligation consultation
Drop in your details and an analyst will be in touch with you at the earliest.