Despite the presence of reputed Java Application Development Companies, to hire dedicated Java developers is regarded as a tough task.
It is the Java developers who transform a usual project into a success, tackling the java development challenges and giving life to the business’ requirements and users expectations.
A time when the market is moving slow, and businesses are cutting back on funding for large development projects, it’s really important that the Java app development companies provide a variety of Java programmers hiring models.
So, when you find a company having Java Developers for hire, check out the engagement model, The framework, tools, and programming languages they have expertise in, and count the experience of their full-stack Java programmers in building Java web & mobile applications.
Here we have explained all you need to know before you hire Java Programmers on hourly, monthly, or full-time basis, contemplating your Java application type, project timelines, and budget.
List of Top 9 Tips to Hire Java Developers for Building High-Performance Java Applications
The list will help you understand what it takes to hire dedicated Java programmers to build secure and stable Java application.
1. Map Out Java Application Development Requirements
Defining application requirement is the first task that you have to do before you begin with the hiring process. These requirements must be based on your organizational objectives and how your product or solution will address those objectives and the needs of the consumers. When mapping out the Java application development requirements, list out these considerations:
- What is the objective of the application?
- How it will address the users’ requirement?
- What existing process the application will improve?
- What is the long-term vision of the product/solution?
- What features it needs?
- What is the monetization model?
Once you are aware of these aspects of your Java development project, you can move ahead to consider the technical requirements of the project and the dependencies so that you can hire dedicated Java programmers based on your business-critical needs.
2. Analyze the Category of Your Java App Development Project
Not every Java app development project is the same. Every project has its unique technical requirements, following which you can contact a company that has Java Developers for hire. Below is the list of Java solutions that you can analyze to categorize your app development project.
- Java Web Development: For this, you need to hire full-stack Java web developers with experience in building easy to use web applications.
- Custom Java Application Development: If your business requirement is unique, it can be fulfilled by hiring Senior Java Developers with experience in creating enterprise applications.
- Java Games Development: Hire Senior Java application Developers with extensive knowledge of Meta & ScreenKit used for building gaming applications.
- Java Product Development: Find a company offering Professional Java Programmers for Hire Solution, wherein the developers have deep knowledge about product ideation, screening, requirement analysis, and execution.
- Java System Integration: This you could with low budget as well by hiring Java Developers in India, who can integrate your Java application with the framework of your choice.
- Java App Upgradation and Migration: Hire Certified Java Programmers having the working knowledge of the latest version of tools and frameworks, who could advise you on migration preparedness.
- Java Maintenance and Support: For continuous maintenance and support, lookout to hire Java programmers in India, with ultimate knowledge of product maintenance and support.
Pick the category in which your project falls and hire java developers considering your strategic requirements.
3. Specialization in Industry Verticals
If you want to build a Java team precisely tailored for your specific business needs, then you must hire professional Java app developers with a specialization in your industry. This way you can avail highly optimized Java programming solutions.
Java being a popular programming language is widely used to build secure and reliable applications for different industry verticals such as Healthcare, Retail & Ecommerce, Hospitality, Banking & Finance, Education & E-learning.
It is recommended to hire a reliable Java development company providing result-driven, industry-specific Java development services.
4. Ability to Leverage Various Java Frameworks and Technologies
Java programming language is used for the development of a range of mobile and web applications. A wide range of Java frameworks and tools make it possible for this programming language to achieve the level what it has now.
Some of the popular Java frameworks are JSF, Strut, Grails, Play, Spring, Maven, and more.
A developer may have knowledge of a specific framework but may not be good at the framework that you require. So, before you hire a Java web developer or mobile app developer, make sure that the person excels in designing, developing, and integrating on the required Java technologies.
5. Flexible Engagement Model
Analyze your project requirement and checkout what is the best suitable Java developer engagement model for your project. You can hire certified Java Programmers on an hourly, part-time or full-time basis, depending upon your requirement.
- Dedicated Java Team: Choose this if the scope of your project may change in future.
- Fixed Price Model: If you exactly know what you want, then pick this model
There are Java Application Development Companies that offers 100% money back guarantee or zero billing guarantee if the client is not satisfied.
6. Interview Every Certified Java Developer
Simply don’t hire a team, rather pick the developer with whom you want to work. For this, you need to take interview of every Java app developer to make sure the person is capable of understanding your needs.
- Development Skills: Have in-depth knowledge of MVC, JDBC, and RESTful, along with deep understanding of OOPS and OODS, Spring MVC technologies, algorithms & design patterns.
- Tools: Java expert in Seam, Hibernate, Android Studio, GradleMaps Store and working experience of Spring, ORMLite, Corona SDK, CachingTouch, and Weld. Make sure the developer is adept at EventBus, EJB, and Android NDK.
- Key Strength: Expertise in Wire-frames, UI Design, Concept Design, AR, and APIs.
Match the skill-set you need with the developer and based on the result, take your decision. A developer will not have it all, so mix and match to build a right team.
7. Select a Java Application Development Methodology to Improve Productivity
Present business environment is dynamic and so agile methodology based on feedback and iterative process is best to choose. The method attempts to reduce the risk and also cover the release of every new functionality. The method stress upon real-time, seamless communication over written documents.
There are other software development methodologies such as Crystal Methods Methodology focused on techniques, tools, and standards and dynamic systems development methodology (DSDM) having 9 key principles.
Most of the Java development companies in US and India follow Agile methodology because it increases collaboration, communication, and transparency.
8. Check out the Case Studies
To boost your confidence on the Java programmers, checkout their Java Application Development Project Samples. It would help you to determine their efficiency in creating the project for national and international clients.
You can also do a thorough reference check to support their claims.
9. Track Record of Long Standing Business Relations
The Pace of technology keeps on changing, so always hire specialized Java developers from the perspective of building a future relation, so that they guide you with new technology.
Besides, working with the same team will help create a consistency to deliver quality product/solution every time.
Key Takeaways from the Tips to Hire Java Developers
- Before you begin the hiring process, carefully analyze your requirements and categorize your Java app development project.
- Pick the web or Java mobile app developers who are specialized in your industry.
- Take rigorous interview and identify their strengths in core Java framework/technologies and which software development methodology they follow.
- Don’t just believe the claim, rather check for references.
Book a Free consultation
Drop in your details and our analyst will be in touch with you at the earliest.
6565 N MacArthur Blvd, STE 225 Irving, Texas, 75039, United States