Web App Development Frameworks That You Can’t Afford To Miss
Right from the erstwhile days of web application development till now, the tech savvy industry has witnessed a profusion of frameworks where each strives to supersede the other in flexibility, usability and coding standards. Notably, web app development frameworks come handy in the development of interactive web applications that could serve specific business purposes for enterprises and SMBs at minimum possible overheads. These frameworks comprise specific libraries for session management, templates, database access etc., and also encourage code reuse, which further increment their usability in the web development sector. Let’s check out what is there in the stores for ardent developers from the web application development world in the coming times.
PHP web app development frameworks
Among the highly regarded frameworks for web development, PHP frameworks have accumulated vast response from the businesses as well as developers the world over. A bulk of credit to their eminence must go to the features and facilities they promise:
- The Model View Controller (MVC) pattern
- File and code organization
- Utilities & libraries
- Web app security
- Lesser code, quicker development
- Performance tools for caching, dynamic loading, benchmarks, profiling, etc.
- Active PHP community support
Riding high on these advantages, Bruno Skvorc, the PHP Editor from Sitepoint spearheaded a survey to know the 2014’s most sought after PHP frameworks. Several questions were asked from the developers that held working experience in a minimum of one framework. After eliminating invalid responses, the final results gave an upper hand to Laravel, followed by Phalcon and Symfony2. Yii and CodeIgniter shared the 4th position jointly.
Among the other PHP frameworks to entice the developers included Aura, CakePHP, Zend Framework and more. Most probably, they will remain the preferred choices of the developers in the better future as well.
These web app development frameworks are widely preferred owing to their ability to implement new changes to the user interface repeatedly and without affecting the user experience. Some of the key advantages of using these frameworks include:
- Modular approach that makes it easier to maintain code
- Simpler debugging, just hit F5 and see how the code runs.
- More regular production changes due to self-contained application logic
- Easy for new developers to get acclimated with the old programming code
- Angular: The framework rose to popularity with the entrance of Google in the development fray. It is a two way binding too that requires you to extend HTML code with tags and properties instead of asking you to select class and id based elements.
- Backbone: This framework is more flexible and widely craved for data binding. It is often termed as a utility that helps in structuring code and not as a framework.
- Ember: Previously known as Sproutcore 2.0 i, Ember promotes its unique convention over configuration philosophy.
Ajax web app development frameworks
- ASP.Net Ajax: Previously known as Microsoft Atlas, it is a set of ASP.NET extensions that come handy in implementing the functionalities of Ajax in web applications. It can run on multiple browsers including Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Apple Safari, MS Internet Explorer, and so on.
These are some of the most widely used web app development frameworks and their types that are expected to be accommodated in the coders’ good books in the coming times as well. Alongside, many other renowned frameworks are also worth a dekko, such as HTML5 frameworks (Bootstrap, Foundation, Skeleton, etc.) ASP.NET MVC framework, Python web application frameworks (Django, Turbogears, Pylons, etc.).
Finoit commits itself toward developing interactive and innovative web applications with the help of latest web app development frameworks prevalent in the industry. We have been the reason behind successful and totally functional web apps for numerous of our clients; you could well be the next beneficiary in this regard.